I’ve been going through the ol’ blog archive, and am torn with such conflicting emotions.
- It’s really sad to run across something that no longer works/is there. Like running across the first podcast post I did1 and seeing that the podcast isn’t actually there. I depended on Odeo (which was before Twitter) and I don’t even know where I would find a copy of the old one to put back up there.
- I used to write about such mundane things. I wonder when I made the switch to thinking I had to write about big things ore deep thoughts. I used to post about papers I had due and how I was pretty sure I was going to fail math. And rain. I wrote about rain a lot.
- I am really sad that I have years of non-blogging between then and now. It’s always nice to go back and look at what was important. And maybe seeing that that yarn that I had to have back in 2006 is still a work in progress sock today. And that a pair of socks that I was almost done with in 2006 were not finished until late 2008, early 3009. Enough that Erik remembers me working on the socks.
- I love music. There are so many posts about music. And then of course the two years I used song lyrics for post titles.
- Dedicated blog commenters. I feel so bad, like I neglected everyone. Whatever happened to Sachi, who commented almost every day? And Josh, now I just see his status updates on facebook.
I really really need to blog more. And remember that posting about mundane things are what I’m best at.
Hey, it was new, everyone was experimenting with podcasts those days. ↩